Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Pray for Our Leaders

This campaign/election process has been a long ride, but now it's history and we as Christians must unite (regardless of who you supported) and pray for our leaders. I've read several blogs that say it better than I could...

Randy Alcorn - It’s Over; but It’s not Over (one Day it will be)
Kay Day - The People Have Spoken
Robbie Iobst - Hope is a Good Thing
Tiffany Stuart - America's Choice My Response (go to post dated November 5)

I think its great when Christians can have different opinions and agree to disagree. Most importantly we need to unite in prayer! Check out the Presidential Prayer Team and commit to pray for President elect Obama. Go here to sign up to receive a 77 Days of Prayer for Our New President email in your inbox every morning until Inauguration Day, January 20. There is also a Presidential Prayer Kids page in case you have children who would like to join us in prayer (as of today it hasn't been updated, but hopefully soon will).

Scriptures to Consider:

Pray for those in Authority - 1 Timothy 2:1–2
Submission to the Authorities - Romans 13:1-3
Heal Our Land - 2 Chronicles 7:14-15

Join me in praying for our country and our leaders!

5 comments:

Carol said...

On Wayne Stiles' blog you can find Obama's prayer that he left at the wailing wall in Jerusalem. Very interesting. Go here: http://waynestiles.blogspot.com/

Indian Lake Papa said...

Will be praying for the president-elect. Our country needs our prayers.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Thank you for pointing the hearts of Americans to prayer.

I had an insightful conversation with a friend. A friend told me yesterday that she would've been breathing easier had McCain been elected and she would've probably prayed LESS. But with Obama, she feels lead to pray MORE. I see how God's sovereignty has caused us to pray for our nation. Prayer connects us with God. Prayer is so necessary like breathing. I'm thankful for the opportunity to be a part of praying for our nation.

May God heal our land.

Thank you, Robin, for linking my post. And I look forward to reading the others.

Robbie Iobst said...

Robin,

Thanks for linking my post. I have now put your blog on my favorites list and can start reading you regularly.
I join with you in praying for Obama and our country!

Robin said...

Hi Carol - I will check out the link.

Papa - Yes, we do need to pray for the President Elect and our country.

Tiffany - Great point regarding your conversation with your friend. Thanks for sharing it here!

Robbie - Thanks for stopping by and for your comments. I"ve been stopping by your blog from Kay's. Plus I read your comments on so many other blogs that I read too.