Monday, November 3, 2008

Letter to Senator Obama

My friend, Tiffany at Tea with Tiffany posted a letter to Senator Obama on her blog and she said it would be fine if others shared it too... so here it is:

Senator Obama, abortion is not a healthy choice for Americans. I am begging you to reconsider your position with this moral topic should you become our president.

I will try my best to put words to my "choice." Nineteen years old, I chose abortion. Sure, I could blame my boyfriend for not wanting the baby, but ultimately it was my choice. The worst choice I’ve ever made. I was too afraid to walk alone—pregnant.

In order to step into a cold, sterile abortion clinic, I had to emotionally die first. I don’t care what a woman’s beliefs are she cannot go through this procedure with a haunting that follows.

I know.

Sure, I tried to forget and move on with my life, but inside I couldn’t shake the reality of choosing death.

Death carries a sting.

Like a branding iron to my heart, I was wounded and forever scarred. Marked by my so called “choice.”

Senator Obama, you have two girls, can you honestly look into their eyes and say had they been conceived at a time other than your preferred choice that they don’t deserve a chance to live? a chance to change the world? to make a difference?

Senator Obama, have you ever sat through an abortion procedure? Have you seen the graphic images? Do you know how women are treated? Have you heard the moaning of a mom-to-be who sobbed for hours afterwards? What words could you possibly say to comfort her? None. The river of regret and shame runs too deep for words to penetrate.

I know.

Senator Obama, are you aware of Post-Abortion Syndrome(PAS)? Are you willing to comfort your girls should they decide to choose abortion someday? Because should abortion still be legal and an option, they will suffer. Even if from the outside she appears like she made it through unscathed, she is not okay. Something is bleeding underneath the surface.

I know.

My decision from almost two decades ago affected my marriage bed and relationship, my emotional well being every fall (the time of year I had my abortion), my ability to look deeply into the eyes of a newborn, and the way I morally view myself. It's a choice that keeps on giving. Giving death!

This “choice” comes with a price tag. A price tag I don’t want one more woman to pay.

Every woman who has had an abortion will one day have to look honestly into her reflection of her choices. Choosing death is not an image she should have look at and carry in her heart.

Choosing life is an image worth gazing at. Watching a baby grow up is an amazing experience.

I know.

My two children, Justin and Hannah, are nothing but gifts to me. Not mistakes. Not punishment. Nothing can replace their faces, voices, words, tears, smiles, giggles, songs, talents, or their caring hearts. Their lives are impressed deeply into my heart. And so is a baby who never had a chance. A baby I love and will never forget. A baby named “Grace.”

Tiffany Stuart

Thank you, Tiffany for sharing your heart so openly. You are brave and I appreciate your honesty and vulnerability! Thank you!

13 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

This election scares me like no other. Mama and I have already voted.

Carol said...

Thanks for posting Tiffany's letter. It says it plain and clear. She knows the pain, but I am glad she is strong enough to share it with others, to make others more aware of what really happens. Very powerful!

Robin said...

Papa - I voted already too - glad to miss the long lines.

Carol - Tiffany's letter is powerful. She is a strong woman who is willing to share her pain in hopes to help others.

Robin said...

In case you didn't go over to Tiffany's blog to read this commment - she left this comment on her own blog -

The Rest of Her Story...

Tiffany Stuart said...

ADDED A COMMENT TO EXPLAIN MY STORY: I need to add that this pain and picture is NOT the end of MY story. Especially for those of you who are visiting for the first time. I've posted about this more than once.

God is my healer and He has touched my heart with his perfect love. I am free. I know I am forgiven. I rest in Him completely, knowing He is my safe place.

I wouldn't be able to write and be bold if I didn't have the comfort of my Healer as my strength. I wrote these words from the past pain that I personally know. It's easy to write from experience. But that it not where I am at today. Thanks to Jesus.

However today, I weep for those who are not okay. I weep for those who are feeling the depth of sorrow I once felt. I weep for those who hurt in silence. I especially weep for those who think abortion is an easy option. Those sitting on the fence ready to make a "choice" about their baby's life.

Sure, I have a HUGE scar. But it no longer bleeds--except for others. My scar says "Grace." And I am thankful for her memory engraved on my heart. I am especially thankful because I gave her life honor this past spring by having a memorial service.

There is beauty in ashes.

I know.

Tea with Tiffany said...

Thank you, Robin, for your words of love and encouragement. A special thank you for taking the time to post my letter to those who visit your blog. I am passionate about sharing the other side of abortion. The silent side no one wants to talk about.

Real issues are at stake for this election. Real issues with lasting effects.

I stopped Indian Lake Papa and Carol's blogs and expressed my thanks.

Praying for God to move mountains out of the way. And for lives to be spared.

Robin said...

I'm with you Tiffany! Praying that God will touch the heart of someone who reads your letter and that they would choose life!

Thanks again Tiffany for being you and all you do for others!

Anonymous said...

I too made the "choice" to "free" my body from it's "inconvenience." Twice! I too, know the pain you speak of! I too know the scars that won't heal without THE Healer! I too weep for those who think their living, breathing baby is just a blob of inconvenience to be rid of...I too weep for those who will die emotionally so they can "make it through." I too have had my heart ripped out but couldn't tell a soul because even though it's considered a "choice" people still gasp and judge you as EVIL whether they believe in abortion or not! Shame followed me for almost 15 years AFTER, until Jesus came and healed my heart, forgave me and set me free from shame and guilt! I too am passionate about sharing the DEEP, silent pain of abortion that those who advocate it won't tell you about! And how you can be set free from that deep silent pain! Thank you for your letter, your story, your testimonty! We overcome by the blood of the Lamb and the word of our testimony!
Love, Renee

Unknown said...

tiffany - i relate and understand all too well. you asked the senator some fantastic questions too.

unfortunately, they will go unanswered. God forbid the Senator ever being faced with this in his own family. but...it may very well change his heart on the matter.

why is life considered so cheap. purchased away for a few hundred dollars cuz its not convenient. no one considers the ramifications. i didnt. not the 1st time. not the 2nd time.

tiffany. we have a ministry. we have a voice. God bless you for using yours! thank you!!

Robin said...

Tam, thanks for your message I know your heart is in line with Tiffany's. God is using both of you! Thank you for your willingness to share and minister to others!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Renee, thank you for your testimony. Thank you for sharing who is your Healer. I so understand shame and being judged as evil. I grieve over the lies of Planned Parenthood. I went to their website yesterday and was sick inside when I read their views about abortion and its effects. SO watered down. Deception. God bless you for being real about the long term effects of choosing abortion. May God continue to restore your heart with HIS perfect LOVE!

Tam, thank you for your thoughts, for agreeing with me in choosing life. I will stop by your blog and add more thoughts. I'm thankful to know together our voices shine light on this dark topic. Life matters! And life begins on conception in the womb. God bless you for adding to this conversation.

Thanks again, Robin, for supporting life!

Tea with Tiffany said...

Tried to click on Tam's link. Didn't go through.

Robin said...

Tam has a new website - not on blogger anymore - She is listed on my sidebar right above your link - Tam's In Progress or you can copy and paste this link - http://kassota.wordpress.com/ and get to her new blog.

Various times Tam has shared her testimony on her blog.

Robin said...

Renee, I thought I left you a comment - but I don't see it now? Hmmm. But thank you so much for sharing your heart and healing! I appreciate you and your friendship so much!