Thursday, January 24, 2008

Somewhere in the Middle

When we know we need to change, but aren't quite ready to let go of our false sense of security we realize that we are caught somewhere in the middle. If you are caught in the middle today - reach out to Jesus and trust in HIM and rely on HIS wisdom as you step out of your comfort zone and into HIS perfect will for your life maybe even outside of your control.

I've been a Christian since I was a young child and have dealt with many issues in my life through the years. God has proved HIS love over and over. Now I'm beginning to understand that for me, following Jesus isn't just about reading my Bible, tithing, serving in the church, and going to church each time the doors are open. Not that I plan to stop any of those things, but I need to love people as if they were Jesus. Those people can be anyone I meet in any place. I need to listen to HIS voice. I'm far from where I want to be caught somewhere in the middle...Pray for me as I take steps with Jesus out of what is comfortable into HIS dreams...

Somewhere In The Middle by Casting Crowns

Somewhere between the hot and the cold
Somewhere between the new and the old
Somewhere between who I am and who I used to be
Somewhere in the middle, You'll find me

Somewhere between the wrong and the right
Somewhere between the darkness and the light
Somewhere between who I was and who You're making me
Somewhere in the middle, You'll find me

Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender without losing all control

Fearless warriors in a picket fence, reckless abandon wrapped in common sense
Deep water faith in the shallow end and we are caught in the middle
With eyes wide open to the differences, the God we want and the God who is
But will we trade our dreams for His or are we caught in the middle
Are we caught in the middle

Somewhere between my heart and my hands
Somewhere between my faith and my plans
Somewhere between the safety of the boat and the crashing waves

Somewhere between a whisper and a roar
Somewhere between the altar and the door
Somewhere between contented peace and always wanting more
Somewhere in the middle You'll find me

Just how close can I get, Lord, to my surrender without losing all control

Lord, I feel You in this place and I know You're by my side
Loving me even on these nights when I'm caught in the middle

~ Casting Crowns
Album: The Altar And The Door
Track: Somewhere In The Middle

4 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Robin, did you ever hear the story of the man who interviewed carriage drivers that would be responsible for transporting his daughter? The road was narrow in places and would require the horse and carriage to come close to the edge which was the edge to a deep chasm.

Applicant #1 I can drive within 2 inches and be perfectly safe!

Applicant #2 I can do better, I can get within an inch of the edge and maintain control!

Applicant #3 Sir, with your daughter in the carriage I would stay as far away from the edge as possible!

Who would you hire?

Sometimes to get close to God we need to stay as far away from the "edge" as we can!

Robin said...

Indian Lake Papa,

Yes, I've heard that and I want to be as close to God as possible. I'm sure some would say I'm there already (and others might think I'm a million miles away), but I want to be closer. And it doesn't matter what anyone thinks, but God because He will be the one judging.

Thanks!

Anonymous said...

Robin Thanks for this post....This is exactly how I am feeling right now...I am in college at the moment and I was listening to my MP3 player on the way to class and this song came on....I've heard it many times before but somehow this time the words really got to me and I realized that it was describing me exactly and that I was caught in the middle and want to get out. So thank you for this.

Robin said...

Kim,

I'm glad the song is speaking to you and that God is speaking and you are listening. Praying that you will know God's voice when you hear it and that HE gives you the strength to follow HIM and rely on HIS power!

We need to pray for each other on this journey!