Sunday, January 27, 2008

Make a difference...

My heart is breaking as I think of those in need and I'm asking God to show me where HE wants me to make a difference. As a friend advised, I don't want to go fishing for "results" as I can measure, just obedience to the Father. In Philippians 2:4 it says, "Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interests of others." I want to hear God's voice and serve when and where HE calls. This hymn below speaks of my heart's cry.

Let Your Heart Be Broken
When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them. Matthew 9:36

Let your heart be broken
For a world in need:
Feed the mouths that hunger,
Soothe the wounds that bleed,
Give the cup of water
And the loaf of bread--
Be the hands of Jesus,
Serving in His stead.

Here on earth applying
Principles of love,
Visible expression--
God still rules above--
Living illustration
Of the Living Word
To the minds of all who've
Never seen or heard.

Blest to be a blessing,
Privileged to care,
Challenged by the need
Apparent everywhere.
Where mankind is wanting,
Fill the vacant place.
Be the means through which the
Lord reveals His grace.

Add to your believing
Deeds that prove it true,
Knowing Christ as Savior,
Make Him Master, too.
Follow in His footsteps,
Go where He has trod;
In the world's great trouble
Risk yourself for God.

Let your heart be tender
And your vision clear;
See mankind as God sees,
Serve Him far and near.

Let your heart be broken
By a brother's pain;
Share your rich resources,
Give and give again.


Words by Bryan Jeffery Leech, 1975

1 comment:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Thanks for your post Robin. I think this is the #1 challenge to each Christian. Be a servant.