Sunday, January 13, 2008

Entertainment and the Christian

What is proper entertainment for Christians?
When should we be entertained?

Years ago I found a couple short articles that impacted the way I think about entertainment...

Jeremy Archer wrote an article about some Unruly Houseguests that gives us reason to pause before partaking in an American pastime.

Brownies with a Difference by Rich Deem gives us a fresh spin on a little bit of violence or sex on movies or TV as our entertainment.

4 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

I think Robin this is a "critical" issue! A lot of emotion on this one. How about coming to my house the night of the super bowl game? Sunday night. We can skip church that one Sunday night - right?

I struggle within my own life. How much of the world's "entertainment" can I allow in and still be a Christian? Wrong question I think. Rather, Jesus, help me to stay as close to you as I can, in all my activities, not push you to the edge of my life.

Indian Lake Papa said...

By the way I am serving brownies at the super bowl party.

Robin said...

Hi Indian Lake Papa,

I'm definitely a work in progress here, but I'm learning. It would be neat to come to your party, maybe some time.

Robin said...

At your party we could skip the football (since football is too loud for me) AND the brownies unless of course they aren't the special brownies mentioned in the article :)