Sunday, January 20, 2008

Little Missionary

Friday night, while I was typing up information about Work and Witness my seven year old daughter, B was telling her little friend about Jesus. The two little ladies came into my bedroom and my daughter had the biggest smile on her face and she told her friend to tell me her exciting news. B led her friend in a prayer of salvation. After they shared the news B told me to find some Scriptures on heaven so she could share them with her friend. Then a few minutes later I heard B reading the Bible to her friend. Later, B rushed in and quietly asked if she could give her old Bible (Gideon) to her friend. I assured her that we could do that. Unfortunately we couldn't locate it, but we are going to see if we can get her a Bible that will be easy for her to read. Pray for B and her friend as they both grow in the knowledge of the Lord and their faith.

11 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

I wonder where B learned to do that? Hum, she must have learned that Jesus and salvation are important from someone, somewhere ??!!

B is watching someone!! What a responsibility that person has.

I think I know who it is - - -

Melanie said...

What a cool testimony! Thank you for sharing! Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks...B must have a beautiful heart!

Tam said...

I love that kids are unashamed of the Gospel! This is beautiful!

Thanks for stopping by my blog and making me feel better about not taking down my tree til last week - you're a trooper!

Tam

Robin said...

Thanks Everyone, I appreciate you stopping by and for your encouragement and prayers for my daughter. I'm pretty crazy about her - she's a gift!

Tammy Bowers said...

Wow, how your heart must have soared! Thanks for sharing, and thereby encouraging other moms to be deligent in teaching Christ to their children.

Just wonderful!

Robin said...

Praise Update!

One summer during my undergrad years, I was privileged to live with a wonderful woman and her family. Without trying, she taught me about unconditional love and so much more and has been an encouragement to me in so many ways throughout the years. After she read this blog entry, she told me that God impressed upon her heart to buy a Bible for this little girl. She ordered a beautiful young reader’s Bible through CBD and had it shipped to my house. It arrived today! We are giving it to my daughter's friend tomorrow. Please keep this young lady and her family in your prayers.

Robin said...

Yes, Tammy my heart soared! Please keep my children and our family in your prayers as we go deeper!

Indian Lake Papa said...

Do you really grasp how exciting this is?!! Your child will always remember this! God is so good! God was excited today and the angels rejoiced as well!

Robin said...

YES! I'm so excited! This will be forever imbedded in both of my children's minds about the importance of sharing God's Word!

My friend's actions are rippling!

Tam said...

His loving arms know no bounds. This is so amazing Robin!

God must have something huge in store for this young ones life. HUGE!

Robin said...

I'm excited! Pray for my children and for me and my husband that we listen and follow when we hear God's voice and that we aren't in so much noise that we can't hear when HE speaks.