Wednesday, January 16, 2008

AIDS Crisis

Sunday night at church we had our monthly mission emphasis meeting and we learned more about the AIDS crisis in Africa and India specifically and AIDS in general. What a terrible disease! A while back I read Jenna Bush's book on AIDS that was written for young adults. She had some useful information. For more information, check out the post here.

We had a worksheet at church with the following information:

AIDS CRISIS = MATH MADNESS

40+ - Weekly work hours for many AIDS orphans

5 million - People infected with AIDS annually

330 - Number of self-help groups begun in India

8,000 - Children are orphaned each day

15 million - Number of AIDS orphans worldwide

240,000 - Number of deaths from AIDS per month

1 - Number of people necessary to make a difference



Some problems require more than a band-aid...

~ Pray for those dying with AIDS that they find Christ before it is too late.

~ Pray for the millions of children who have lost their parents and who are struggling to survive; pray for people to invest in their lives so they may learn Jesus loves them.

~ Pray for the physical, emotional, and educational needs of AIDS orphans.

~ Pray that God opens you heart to whatever HE would have you to do to help in the AIDS crisis.

5 comments:

Tea with Tiffany said...

I love this blog. And the focus on others who are in need and are suffering. God bless you for bringing their needs to light.

Anonymous said...

Robin, I keep trying to leave a message. I've been trying since this morning. I'm going to try again here. If it works, I'll just post my longer comment here.

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Indian Lake Papa said...

This is one subject that rips my heart out! It is devastating to children! I struggle with what can I do. I try to give generously and Judy and I sponsor a child in Kenya but that is so little.

Robin said...

Thanks for stopping by Tiffany and Jerri. I enjoy both of your blogs. Tiffany, I love your music too.

Indian Lake Papa, its so wonderful what you are doing to help and you are making a difference in the life of one of God's children in Kenya! What's neat is you never know how your gift will ripple and effect and affect others.