Monday, March 31, 2008

Daniel Update from Laura

Daniel had a grand mal playing in the living room near the front door on Thursday March 27, 2008. Because of his blindness, he loves to spin for self-stimulation. As Daniel was happily spinning, he had a grand mal and dropped to the floor. Daniel is fine, I believe he does not even know what hit him. We gave him diastat (rectal valium) to stop the seizure and he slept the rest of night and woke up as happy as can be the next morning.

Daniel is scheduled for another video EEG on April 16 - April 19 (72 hour test) at Children's Hospital. Whatever the test shows, we have no plans of getting anymore brain surgery in the near future.

Daniel has been diagnosed with severe encephalopathy (severe degenerative brain disease). Daniel has scarring on the right side of his brain and he has atropy on the left side of his brain.

Daniel is such a special gift from God and brings us so much happiness and love.

The Sluss Family

Please continue to pray for Daniel, his parents, and family. Pray especially for his dad (Mark) for the next two weeks as he is in Ethiopia for a Work and Witness (short-term mission) trip with three other members (David, Roz and Lorraine) of our church. For additional information see this post.

8 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

Thanks Robin, I was wondering how Daniel & family was doing. We will keep them in prayer.

Robin said...

Thanks for your ongoing prayers. As Laura gives me updates, I will continue to post them. Keep Mark in your prayers as he ministers in Ethiopia.

~Bev~ said...

Thanks for the update. I thought (& hoped) maybe he was doing better since you had not posted on him in a bit. Sorry to hear such bad news. As a mom, it just breaks my heart to even think about what Laura is going thru as she watches him suffer. God will surely hve a crown for her in Heaven!
Please know my prayers are continual.

Robin said...

Thanks for your prayers, Bev! They are greatly appreciated!

Kimberly McKay said...

Yes, back in the 80's, when it was small. Small world huh?

Anonymous said...

I KNOW what God showed me about Daniel and I will not waver despite the circumstances! I believe his healing is at hand (and I don't mean healed because he went to heaven!)I will continue to pray, even more so now that dad is out on a mission trip!
Love, Renee

Kimberly McKay said...

Hi there....me again. Could you let Laura know that I'm Cheri's little sister, Kim. But yes, Lynn's daughter>thank you!

Robin said...

Hi Kim,

Laura actually saw your message before me. It's a small world!

Hope you have a great day and feel God's presence in a powerful way!