Thursday, March 20, 2008

MeMe in Fives

I was tagged by Julie at Flower of the Family to do a getting to know you Meme.
1. The rules of the game get posted at the beginning.
2. Each player answers the questions about themselves.
3. At the end of the post the player than tags 5 people and posts their names, then goes to their blogs and leaves a comment, letting them know they done got tagged and to ask them to play and read your blog.

What was I doing 10 years ago?
· I was in my first year of marriage
· Working at a Christian Counseling Center counseling individuals and families and working the crisis line
· Living in an apartment
· Teaching 2-3 year old Sunday School Class
· Little to no exercise.


Five Things on my to-do list today.
· Go to the gym – 5 miles on the treadmill and 1.5 on the bike (cool down)
· Clean house in preparation for my mother’s visit tomorrow.
· Get groceries for my mother’s visit
· Mail taxes (finally and buy some forever stamps before the price goes up AGAIN in May)
· Attend Maundy Thursday communion service with my children (husband is at work).

Five Snacks I enjoy.
· Ice cream.
· Homemade cookies
· Fresh, hot bread with lots of fiber and seeds
· Homemade smoothies
· Homemade pizza with lots of cheese

Five Things I would do if I were a billionaire.
· Pay off house
· Support my church with some special projects
· Get safe, reliable vehicles for my husband and myself
. College Scholarship Program for my Undergraduate University
· Support missions in a BIG way

Five of my bad habits.
· Worry about things beyond my control – must quit (Julie maybe we can start a self-help group – haha)
· Reminding my husband (okay nagging) about the speed limit
· Answering questions before its asked - sometimes my husband will look at me and I will answer a question he hasn't asked and he wonders how I can do that.
· Eating when I’m not hungry
· Telling anyone who will listen about whatever book I’m reading at the moment

Five places I have lived.
· Jefferson City, Missouri
· Mount Vernon, Ohio
· Lawrenceville, Georgia
· LaVale, Maryland
· Fairfax, Virginia

Five (+2) Jobs I've had.
· Deli/Bakery Clerk
· Cleaning Crew at Factory Midnight Shift
· Brush Hog operator
· Worker at Sporting Goods Warehouse
· Grocery Store Cashier
· Resident Assistant in College
· Counselor
· Executive Assistant

Five people I want to know more about (a nice way of saying TAG):

Ashley
Carol – Journey of Hope
Indian Lake Papa Choice R Mine
Tam – In Progress
Tiffany – Tea with Tiffany

If anyone else would like to participate - please feel free and leave a comment letting me know that you played :)

Happy Easter Week!

16 comments:

Tam said...

YAY!!! this looks fun Robin! Thanks for the tag. Tomorrow is my Fill-in-Friday and then I'm at church all weekend...so I will do it Monday or Tuesday. Plus that gives me time to think of my answers. I know...I don't know myself very well ;-)

And I have loved getting to know you more! You are an inspirational woman!

Darla said...

This is very awesome in getting to know you. hahahaha I am wondering what is a "brush hog operator"?? I have a very active imagination please HELP! love ya

Tea with Tiffany said...

Played the game, fun to read yours.

Kay Day said...

I was a bakery girl, too. The owners were, well, odd. Julie and I were the only people who could stick it out there.

Indian Lake Papa said...

Robin - Here I go!

Ten years ago - 1998 I worked hard to put together a family reunion in August. We had 60 people attend from all over the USA. Some I had not seen in 50 years. Still with my first wife then :o) Fat & Lazy! Worked in church nursery w/ newborns every week.

Five things to do today - Worked at shelter for homeless this AM. Eat. Take a short nap. setup for sunrise breakfast at church. check the blogs on my list.

Five snacks I enjoy - Sardines, cheese, leftovers, chocolate, did I mention chocolate? Donuts!

If I had a billion bucks - Pay off Robin's house, mine is paid for. Give to my church a large portion, contribute to "fix" the AIDS crisis, go visit all my blogging friends and give them each 10 dollars well maybe a 100,000 dollars each. Pay Tams Beautician bill if I could pick the hair color , setup college funds for my grand kids.

Five of my bad habits - don,t have any I am flawless, My humility gets in the way, fuss over mama too much, thank mama too much when she gets me things, number one bad habit is I lie a lot!

Five places I have lived (over a year) - Michigan,Italy,Crete, Lake Placid NY,Louisiana, Illinois, Wisconsin and Florida.

Five jobs - Group Home cottage parent, youth pastor,social worker in prison setting, volunteer at horse rescue farm, and gas pump jockey.

I'll go with Robins list of five people.

Robin said...

Tam - Looking forward to getting to know you better and reading your answers.

Darla - When I listed that one I was wondering if anyone would know what it was - actually I wasn't sure how to title it. One summer I stayed on campus and took a job working on the grounds crew. Two days a week I worked at the college president's home doing what ever they needed me to do from ironing to weeding to helping get ready for a party. They were and still are AMAZING godly people. The other three days - MWF I was sent out to the back fields of our campus with a Massey Ferguson Tractor and a Brush/Bush Hog attached to it. I spent 8 hours a day alone with God in the middle of never ending fields. I wrote Bible verses on index cards and taped them to the top of the tractor and I had them all memorized by the end of the summer. It was an incredible experience. So I recited Scripture and prayed all day it was a time of renewal for me. I also made people turn their heads as I drove back onto campus for lunch and parked the tractor in front of my dorm so I could grab lunch. That summer I was also the summer Resident Assistant as I was for my Junior and Senior years, so I was in the Freshman dorm for three years :)

Robin said...

Tiffany - thanks for playing it was great reading your answers and getting to know you better :)

Kay - I worked in the bakery/deli when I was 16-17 years old and found out later that it was illegal because I operated dangerous equipment that minors weren't allowed to use. I did suffer some inconsequential injuries there: cut myself with the knife you open the big packages of lunch meat with, I'm sure I must have shed some blood on the meat slicer, but I don't remember for sure, cut my right ring finger on a monster butcher knife (someone probably me - haha put it in the sink with all the huge trays and then I had to wash dishes and I put my hand into the sudsy water and sliced my finger - lots of blood that time. Another time non-deli related - I was walking out of the two way swinging door into the back room at the grocery store and one of the bag boys was coming the other way with great force - and he whacked me in the head with the door. I ended up getting 6 stitches above my right eye (can't see the scar because its covered by my eyebrow).

Robin said...

Papa - Great answers - especially the Billion Dollar question :) You made me smile about Tam's "new" hair color. I'm afraid, very afraid.

Share about your time in Italy and Crete...

jel said...

Cool,
when did ya live in J C MO.?
thats not that far from me!


came by to say Happy Easter!

and to ask if you would please that on to Daniel and his family
thank you !

Julie said...

Thanks for playing, I'm following along to get to know other people as well. I knew what a brush-hog was because I live in missouri. Where we brush the hogs...I crack myself up. Anyway, when I saw that you used one I was pleasantly suprised. It's interesting all of the things a person does over their lifetime isn't it.

Robin said...

Jel - feel free to play along too if you have time. To answer your question - I was born in Jefferson City.

Robin said...

Julie,

I love your sense of humor :) The brush hog was sort of fun. I was a bit intimidated at first, but got over because I had no choice. Life is like that sometimes.

I've had other odd jobs and experiences at those jobs too.

Indian Lake Papa said...

I will make that a post sometime about my time in Italy and Crete.

Robin said...

Great looking forward to reading it as always :)

Carol said...

Thanks for tagging me, Robin. I was hesitant at first, but found great enjoyment, and even inspiration (about what to blog on next) in answering the tag questions. You have done so much in hekping me find a new outlet for myself, one that fits me...writing....meditating...meeting new people. So glad I am getting to know you, and I am tickled to learn more details about you through your tag answers!

Robin said...

Great Carol, I haven't read your responses yet, but can't wait to after my company leaves.

Happy Easter!