Monday, March 17, 2008

Looking for Love

March 26, 2007
Our family was leaving the gym and one of my husband's friends said something to us. My daughter (7) blushed and whispered to me that daddy's friend was cute and she wished she could marry him (not a chance thinks this mama he's in his late 30's or early 40's). Then we got in the car and my son says (with a straight face), "I'm never going to find a wife!" I was puzzled since he just turned 4. Has he been searching already??? I told him that I'd help him find a good wife. After a little while, my son asked, "How did Daddy get to be so lucky to find you for a wife?" That's my boy!

Yesterday (3-16-08) while I was making dinner, the kids were playing quietly...(every mother knows what that means)...

I'm sure you've heard of Superman, Batman and Spiderman, but there is a new Superhero in town...

My son (now 5) introduced me to Superloveman. Yes, I just typed what you read. My daughter (recently turned 8) drew a big heart on her brother's chest with a black pen and wrote LOVE in a all caps. The little guy made himself a cape out of a little blanket and went flying through the kitchen shirtless (so you could see his emblem I'm sure) to rescue the beautiful princess, his sister.

Oh my... this was while I was making dinner tonight...


Seriously, I want my children to live lives that are pleasing to the Lord and to find a godly spouses when the time is right. I want their lives to be living testimonies to God's grace, love and power.

Let's all pray for our children, regardless of their ages, that they find godly spouses one day and that we are able to impart godly wisdom to them during their formative years as they become men and women after God's own heart. If your children are already married, pray for them and their spouse that they continually look to the Lord for solutions to life's problems and that they become examples of God's unconditional love in a world in need of love - God's love.

Dear Lord,

Please protect my children from my mistakes and shower them with all of YOU and help them to become the mature, godly, responsible adults that YOU want them to be so they can have marriages, lives, ministries, etc... after YOUR plan. Amen!

Listen to this song and get your tissues ready just in case - Find Your Wings by Mark Harris

17 comments:

Kay Day said...

That's a great post, Robin! I love that part about you son worried that he'll never find a wife. Too cute!

Robin said...

He comes up with the wildest things to say, I don't always get them written down though. His comments that I have typed or written up are fun memories and I can always try to do better in the future.

Robin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Indian Lake Papa said...

This was a terrific post! I loved it - I did tell mama she was lucky she found such a wonderful man like me. My humility is my greatest asset! :o)

Robin said...

You have many great assets. Thanks for all the wisdom you impart!

Indian Lake Papa said...

Now don't start puffing up my ego! You are one gifted lady Robin, God is using your life.

Tea with Tiffany said...

I love this post about your sweet kids. And the new super hero. I laughed.

And the song you linked to is one of my favorites about children.

I so enjoy knowing YOU!

Carol said...

Thanks for sharing the escapades of Superloveman and the Princess. What creative children you have, Robin! I'm glad you are capturing these precious moments in writing so you can recall them again and again. The years pass all too quickly, and I can tell you from experience that you will be so glad you took the time to write about your children. They will love reading about themselves also.

Thanks for raising your children in a Christian home where they are loved, nurtured spiritually, and have good examples to follow!

Julie said...

R., you are right about the time. It goes so fast! I used to find myself wishing for my kids to get older, and now I wish they were younger sometimes! I try to enjoy them where they are right now, and it is a challenge sometimes.:) I enjoy reading your posts, and thank you for visiting my blog. I think I followed you around the blog loop on Tuesday. Every time I wrote a comment you had one posted just a few minutes before. I think it's funny!! (today is the Tuesday I'm talking about)

Robin said...

Julie, your family is a lot of fun. I'm enjoying getting to know all of you and sharing.

Robin said...

Tiffany - I'm enjoying all you share also. Its so neat the fellowship we can have and how we can learn from each other's experiences. Thank you!

CDC - Your comments always bring a smile to my face and you are challenging me to live up to what God wants of me. I fail, but am not giving up. My children are treasures and I feel so blessed to have them in my life.

Anonymous said...

LOL! That is too funny Robin!! Thank you for sharing your family stories. I have thoroughly enjoyed your last 3 or 4 posts!!!

Blessings,
Andrea L.

Robin said...

Hi Andrea,

Glad you stopped by - I haven't been to NN in a while. When I have more time I will check back in. Hope you are doing well. I'd love to chat again sometime as long as you don't mind if I'm folding clothes or doing dishes while we're talking. I check email daily - let me know a good time to call you.

Tam said...

Oh my goodness this is adorable! I pray those two always stay that close as well!

My son Kota, was Spiderman for 3 years. Three. Long. Years.

Good times. Great memories!!!

Robin said...

Tam,

My son told me (a while back) that when he grows up he is going to be either: Spiderman, Batman, Superman or a Preacher. I told him those are all good choices :)

Anonymous said...

That is one thing I frequently do...I pray for my daughter's future spouse. It's crazy to think about, but God already has him picked out for her and she's not even two yet! Any hoo...I love your story about Super Love Man. Your kids seem adorable!

Robin said...

Hi Jamie, I'm crazy about my kids and we have a lot of fun being silly. I tell them that they are my treasures.