Friday, October 31, 2008

Need More Sleep?

Daylight Savings Time ends on November 2 (for a large portion of the USA), so many of us will get to sleep an extra hour Saturday night. The official time change time is Sunday, November 2nd at 2 am. Of course if you want extra sleep I recommend changing your clock before bed :)

It's also a good time to change/check the batteries in your smoke detector. Our local fire fighters encourage the community to change their batteries twice a year for maximum effectiveness of our smoke detectors.

5 comments:

Indian Lake Papa said...

night night - sleep tight - don't let the bed bugs bite!

Robin said...

Hi Papa - I'm so looking forward to "falling back" wish I could do it every day for a month :)

If the bed bugs bite I will bite them back - haha.

Actually in all reality if something bit me I'd probably just scream.

Robin said...

I don't think I got my extra hour of sleep - do you think anyone would mind if we fell back again next week and the week after?

Life Adapted said...

Usually, I love this extra hour of sleep - we change the clocks at mid-night and go to bed and we sleep that extra hour away. But, this time we forgot to change the clocks, woke up, got out of bed and realized our mistake, changed the clocks back and then it seemed like it was just an hour longer I needed to do stuff around the house. This year I worked the extra hour instead of sleeping - aughhhh - sometimes I just can't win!!

But, hey, I don't mind if you fall back again next week.

I hope you are feeling better.

Btw, loved the Trunk or Treat and the letter from Tiffany - both excellent posts.

Be blessed.

Robin said...

Life Adapted - I may just fall back every week for the rest of the month - haha - yeah right in my dreams - I think I'm springing aheaad every day instead of falling back once a week...

I read in today's paper that falling back is good for our health and that heart attacks fall then, but the down side is that heart attacks increase when we spring ahead... So I vote that we fall back each week - haha