Thursday, September 18, 2008

Blanket and a Bible

Sudanese Christians live a simple lifestyle, owning few or no material possessions. However, some items are essential to their survival. One blanket can make a difference.


To date, more than 250,000 blankets have been delivered. We are thankful to many American Christians who have given blankets, but more are needed.

Taking part in VOM's Sudan: Blanket and a Bible outreach is as easy as 1-2-3:

1. Collect good quality, new or used blanket(s)

2. Add $2 per blanket for handling, shipping into Sudan.

3. VOM will add a He Lived Among Us illustrated Bible storybook.

4. Send blankets and collected funds to:

"Sudan: Blanket and a Bible"
The Voice of the Martyrs
510 W. Adeline
Bartlesville, OK 74003

The Voice of the Martyrs Free Subscription Offer!

To receive your FREE subscription to the VOM Magazine, call 800-747-0085. Or write to The Voice of the Martyrs, PO Box 443, Bartlesville, OK 74005. Or go to their website.

Those who request the free monthly newsletter will also receive a Global Prayer Map highlighting the countries where our brothers and sisters now suffer for their faith in Jesus Christ.


All information used with permission of Voice of the Martyrs.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

This would be a good project for my church.

Robin said...

My church has taken on this project in the past and sadly enough I didn't read any of the information then... Now that I've read it - my heart hurts for these precious people. I'm going to mention it to our missions council.

Voice of the Martyrs has many great projects we can get involved with and I will post some over the next week.

Life Adapted said...

Hi Robin, I was just catching up on your blog - always a great break from my day to read what you have to say. I am praying for that special request and for you and your family and the VOM' Sudan project. Be blessed.

Robin said...

I'm going to share about some other opportunities to help with Voice of the Martyrs when I have time. Must get to recording and grading school work now.

Life Adapted - thanks for your prayers for all the requests I've shared and for my family! I appreciate you!

Indian Lake Papa said...

I think my church has just started a VOM program - will check!!

Robin said...

Hi Papa - there are lots of options for ministry I will post more shortly. Have you or Mama read Rev. Richard Wurmbrand's book - Tortured for Christ? If not you can order it from VOM for free right now. Go to my reading room blog for the info -

http://robinsreadingroom.blogspot.com/2008/09/free-book-from-vom.html

It's a good book that I highly recommend.

Anonymous said...

This is an amazing way to show Gods love to these people. our youth group is sending blankets out. It feels awesome to do something so simple yet so precious to these people. God is def. pleased with all of us who participate to help out his needy children. God Bless EveryOne!!
--

patchwork said...

This is awesome.There are so many dyeing in need and we must stretch ourselves and help them out in every which way that we can.You have shared a lovely thought here.