Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Five Kind Things Meme

Jerri tagged me with this meme

The Five Kind Things Meme works like this:

List five kind things you do for yourself.
List five kind things you do for your closest friend, partner or child.
List five kind things you have done for a stranger.
List five kind things you do for fun.
List five people you are tagging with this meme.

Five things I do for myself:
1. I commune with God through reading, prayer, and music, etc.
2. I try to eat healthy.
3. I exercise.
4. I play on the computer – mainly with blogs.
5. Spend time with friends.

List five kind things you do for your closest friend, partner or child.
1. I listen when friends need to talk.
2. I try to encourage people and let them know their life matters and that they mean something to me.
3. I made my husband a special journal filled with thoughts, prayers to God on his behalf, poetry (other people’s not mine), etc. before we got married and gave it to him as a wedding present.
4. I write letters/cards to my children telling them how special they are to me and I have special journals that are in process for them also filled with similar things as my husband’s and pictures of them and me pregnant with them.
5. I try to help whenever and wherever I can whether it be serving them or loving them.

List five kind things you have done for a stranger.
1. I hold doors, return shopping carts, pick up things dropped, etc.
2. One time I gave a young man a ride home from work that I didn’t know well and my dad was quite upset with me when he found out because of safety issues.
3. Return money that they dropped – usually my children find it and I let them return it – makes their day to do something for someone else.
4. My children and I put together Crisis Care Kits that our church delivers to a warehouse and they are given all over the world in times of crisis. People who don’t have time give me the money to buy their kits and my kids and I go to the store to purchase the supplies in bulk and we are able to create more kits than if the people just bought the supplies themselves. My kids are always so excited to help in this process. We pray for the people who will receive the CCK too.
5. Make sure lost children in stores are returned to their parents. One time this spring my kids were riding their scooters along with a neighbor boy several times around our block and a little tyke about two years old started following us without their guardian knowing and I stopped those in my charge and said we had to take the little one back.

Five Things I do for fun:
1. Walk
2. Take pictures of family
3. Play games with my family.
4. Cook and bake with healthy or healthier ingredients
5. Blog

Five people to tag:
1. Life Adapted
2. Heather from Standing at the Crossroads
3. Carol from Journey of Hope
4. Ruthie from Just Ruthie
5. Faith from The Great Adventure

If anyone else would like to play along, please feel free and just let us know that you have answered the questions on your blog or feel free to leave the answers in the comments section.

11 comments:

Tea with Tiffany said...

Thanks for the visit, Robin.

Enjoyed reading your list..

Have a great one.

Love from Colorado,
Tiffany

Carol said...

Robin, thanks for tagging me. As I read the items I need to answer, my mind just drew blanks...but I know it's because I am very weary from two weeks of volunteer workers and projects here on the camp. Hubby leaves this weekend for a few days, and I'll have some time to myself while he is gone. I'll try to do a post then to answer these questions.

Meanwhile, I enjoyed going out to the blogs of the other four friends you have tagged. Wow...what a great group of women bloggers with which you have surrounded yourself! I just don't have the time to keep up with so many blogs, but everyone I go to is so enticing!

Robin said...

Hi Tiffany - thanks for stopping in - be sure to come back on 5-31 for something you've been asking about :) I still plan to read your latest devotion, but haven't had a chance yet its on my list :) You always share grace and I need grace!

Carol - I hear you it is hard to keep up with all the blogs I'm interested in... Sounds like you are living life in the real world :) very cool with all the volunteer work that you are doing. Life is interesting when you live and experience... Keep on... you have so much to offer!

Life Adapted said...

Hi Robin, Thanks for the tag. It was fun. I decided to blog my answers. I only forward tagged 3 people since I don't know many bloggers yet.
Have a blessed day dear one.

Robin said...

Thanks Life Adapted - I will head over and look at your answers this afternoon - We are at the library now for a quick drop :)

Have a terrific day!

Paula said...

Good blog. I wish I had worked harder at teaching my children to help others. You're a good momma.

Robin said...

QOTW - From what I see of your daughter, I think you did a great job!

Momstheword said...

Thanks for tagging me (I think). I also went blank on some of those, especially what kind things I do for myself. By the way, total congratulations regarding the newest gift from God!

Robin said...

MomstheWord - It was open to anyone willing :) I know some people don't have time for tags, but they can be fun. Looking forward to reading your post! Thanks for the congratulations! We are SO EXCITED! I had another sonogram today and it was really neat. The baby was jumping all over the place. The funny thing is the sonogram tech told me that I have a very obedient child (it did just what she wanted and she got all the pictures she needed really quickly). I guess I'm parenting well so far... the hard part is yet to come... Keep me in your prayers that I am the parent God wants me to be.

Melanie said...

I like this meme..a great way to find out wonderful things about people...:)

Robin said...

Hi Mel,

Sorry for the delay in acknowledging you. I enjoyed reading everyones comments too - it assured me that there are lots of wonderful people walking around out there :)