Thursday, June 12, 2008

A Contribution in Eternity


How can $4.00 make a difference in eternity? Because of the increase in the cost of gas these days $4.00 can barely buy a gallon of gas. BUT $4.00 supports one minute of World Mission Broadcast (WMB) airtime through radio, the Internet, or television. On the air since 1951, WMB reaches even the remotest parts of the world, with words of hope and holiness... Each year millions of people hear WMB programs and lives are changed because of what they’ve heard.



As of April 22, 2008, World Mission Broadcast is reaching the unreached in:

30 Languages
73 Countries
94 Programs
7,012 Broadcasts

Last year was the first year I was truly challenged to make a sacrifice to give to WMB. Previous years I just gave a token offering that didn’t require sacrifice on my part. The challenge came through a work of fiction based on real life – Safely Home by Randy Alcorn. His novel shares how radio broadcasts encourage persecuted Christians who can’t openly attend church and reaches those who don’t know of Jesus. Randy’s book made the plight of those who haven’t heard of Jesus very real to me – so real that it hurt and made me want to do something that mattered, something that made a difference.

Excerpt from Safely Home:

They have been praying for three hours before we arrived.”
“So the meeting must be nearly done?”
“No. Just starting. Chinese believers have motto: ‘Little prayer, little power. No prayer, no power.’”
(p. 289)

Join with me in prayer for persecuted Christians and for those who are yet to hear the good news of Jesus Christ and HIS gift of unconditional love and salvation through World Mission Broadcast. Consider what amount you will share to reach the unreached with the good news of Jesus.

From WMB Website:

Giving to World Mission Broadcast provides the means to reach millions around the world for Christ, providing the funding for program production, airtime, and follow-up materials. Holiness programming, delivered by radio, television and the Internet, is reaching into the far corners of the world with the message of Jesus and his redeeming love and helping to disciple those who respond. The prayer and financial support of individuals and local churches are vital to this broadcast ministry.


Gifts to World Mission Broadcast can be given through the following methods:

Online – World Mission Broadcast

Send a check made out to:

World Mission Broadcast
6401 The Paseo
Kansas City, MO 64131

To learn more about the work of World Mission Broadcast sign up for the newsletter here.

Or

Contact WMB online or call 816-333-7000 ext. 2745


If you have a few moments, I encourage you to read through these requests and pray for the listeners they represent. Nothing will support the work of World Mission Broadcast (WMB) globally, like your prayers. Feel free to pass these requests on to your church’s prayer groups. Thank you for your support of WMB, and especially for supporting the listeners.

Rick Guilfoil, Director,
World Mission Broadcast



Responses from South America
www.Esperanza.net—October 2006


Below is just a small sampling of the prayer requests sent in by WMB listeners in October 2006:


“I need strength and hope to keep going in this world.”
Margarita, 41 (Venezuela)



“I want to know more about God.”
Gabriel, 42 (Argentina)



“I want to know Jesus.”
Felix, 20 (Peru)



“I need spiritual peace.”
Daniel, 45 (Colombia -Listening to the radio in a taxi)



“I want to know how to be a ‘valuable woman.’ I want to learn to be a woman of wisdom. I have low selfesteem.”
Carmen, 45 (Chile)



“I need to leave this spiritual poverty.”
Luis, 25 (Bolivia)



“How can I know the will of God?”
Islene, 32 (Colombia)




Please pray for these individuals and the families they represent and consider once again what you might do to make an investment in eternity! Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:19-21

20 comments:

Heather said...

Awesome blog, sister.

I think sometimes we become very detached from our brothers and sisters in far away lands. We need to always remember...they ARE our brothers and sisters....and they ARE struggling.

I will be praying!!!

Love and Blessings to you, 'bump', and your family!!!

Carol said...

Robing, thank you for taking time to make this post. It's for a good cause, and I can feel your compassionate heart at work here. I'm sure World Mission Broadcast is grateful also for the exposure!

Indian Lake Papa said...

It is a great world missions ministry!

Robin said...

Heather - yes we must remember and pray for our fellow man even if he/she lives across the world. Thanks for joining in prayer!

Carol - My heart has awakened to the needs of those in the corners of the world. I don't feel like I can do much, but I can pray and I can make financial contributions to this worthy cause.

Papa - Yes, it is a wonderful ministry!

Robin said...

Oh - my church is challenging members of the congregation to make a donation of $100 - I can't wait to see how much comes in.

Momstheword said...

Robin, thank you for your thoughtful comments on my blog. You have become a very special friend to me. Thanks for your encouragement. I read the Voice of Martyrs magazine and it almost breaks my heart to hear stories of people being imprisoned or killed because they handed out a tract or talked to someone about Jesus. Heather is right about how we sometimes become detached and don't realize what some other Christians are going through. God bless you all.

Robin said...

Momstheword - Have you read "Tortured for Christ" its by the founder of Voice of the Martyrs - Pastor Richard W (can't remember his last name at the moment). I posted about his book at my reading room blog - it was powerful! I recommend it to all.

Anonymous said...

Robin,

Thanks for sharing this information via your blog. We truly appreciate your prayers for the ministries of World Mission Broadcast.

Reaching the unreached by all means possible,

Rev. Brian Utter
World Mission Broadcast
South America

Robin said...

Rev. Utter, Thanks for stopping by my blog today! The work that you do for WMB means so much! I noticed you are on home assignment this year, but not in our part of the country. May God continue to bless your work and minister through you to those in South America!

Life Adapted said...

Robin, this is the Great Commission we are called to. Your post shows your compassion to others and you are doing your share to spread the Word. We can't all be out there in the far corner's of the world, but we can do something, anything, to grow the Kingdom. We all have talents and we should use them in some way to Glorify God. Yours is writing :) Be blessed.

Life Adapted said...

Robin, this is the Great Commission we are called to. Your post shows your compassion to others and you are doing your share to spread the Word. We can't all be out there in the far corner's of the world, but we can do something, anything, to grow the Kingdom. We all have talents and we should use them in some way to Glorify God. Yours is writing :) Be blessed.

Robin said...

Life Adapted - thanks for your kind words. My heart really goes out to this ministry. You know part of me wishes I could go to those far corners, but since its not possible at this time the least I can do is share my heart with others and share some of the money God has entrusted to us.

Anonymous said...

Hi Robin,

Thanks so much for your support of WMB! Our radio programs in East India and the Middle East depend enormously on people like you to continue supporting their ministry. May God bless you as you continue to seek and serve him.

Simone Finney
World Mission Broadcast
Eurasia

Carol said...

Another appreciation comment, Robin! satan can go fly a kite...God is using this post around the world for His good!

Robin said...

Simone Finney, how exciting to read your comment and to have you stop by my blog. Do you have a website or any place that you post updates about your work in Eurasia? Not sure you will see this comment since you don't have a blogspot account though. But thank you for all you do to spread the Word of God!

Faith said...

This is a great entry! I have seen the need firsthand and been involved in another organization that does gospel broadcasts into lands in need ... such an important ministry in "creative access" places! And I LOVE the book "Safely Home."

Today the baby was craving grilled cheese. ;) And in general s/he really loves pasta.

Robin said...

Hi Faith - thanks for stopping in. I think gospel broadcasts are a wonderful thing - wonderful that you are involved with a similar group. I love Safely Home! Have you read any other Randy Alcorn books - they cut right to the heart of the matter.

Grilled cheese - yum! I don't have any cravings today, but yesterday I had to go to the doctor because I fell in the church parking lot on Sunday and I got to hear the heart beat again and the doctor assured me that I have been feeling the baby move because she felt it with her hand to my abdomen too. So exciting to have a growing person that God is in the process of preparing for life outside the womb.

We all of course are preparing for life outside of earth - heading home. Let's pray for those who are sharing God's love in Creative Access countries and those who are ministering through WMB or other Bible believiing broadcasts!

Robin said...

We had our WMB special offering this morning - I can't wait to find out how much money was given...

Robin said...

I just got word that our WMB offering was a little over $2,000 - that is terrific!

Robin said...

The exact amount of our WMB offering from our church was $2,055.40!