Thursday, September 22, 2016

Opportunities to Love Jesus and to Love People...

Wise words from the heart of my friend, Avery Moore:

"Today, I dropped off a carload of clothes and things as a donation to the Topeka Rescue Mission and was reminded of something that Jesus said: “You will always have the poor among you…” (Matthew 26:11a) When I first encountered this verse years ago, it made me think, “Well, there you go. He said we’ll always have the poor, so what’s the point in doing anything about it. We’ll never resolve that problem.” Today, I thought of that verse in a different light. In that little phrase, perhaps he wasn’t just saying, “You will always have the poor.” Perhaps he was also saying, “You will always have opportunities to show me how much you love me and how much you love people. You’re welcome.” Well, there you go. That changes everything!"

No comments: