Sunday, December 2, 2012

Advent Thoughts

Today our Pastor talked about preparation for Advent leading to Christmas. My husband said that Christmas preparation brings happiness and that is what life is all about being happy. I said...no it's not all about being happy because there will always be things in our life that bring sadness or pain, BUT we can always walk in joy despite our situation. Then I took it to the next level...We should be living now (every day, not just in December as we prepare for Christmas) in JOY as we anticipate the second advent of Jesus. Our conversation continued, but to sum it all up...

We as Christians should be living everyday in joyful anticipation for the second coming of Jesus. Our whole life is an advent season. Live in Joy!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...


Robin, I am happy to see you still have my blog on your list. Momstheword. I finally got access to it again. I have missed your blogging (I forgot its name). Hope to keep in touch. Still doing my nursing home ministry! Maxine Hennis

Robin said...

I haven't been too faithful to blogging like in the past, but every now and then I pop over to this blog and leave a short note. I do continue to post daily on my Quote Blog and Scripture Blog.

I enjoy seeing your posts on FB and keeping up with your daughters there as well.