Friday, October 19, 2007

How should being a Christian effect the way we live...

How should being a Christian effect the way we live during our short visit to earth?

I just finished reading "50 Days of Heaven: Reflections That Bring Eternity to Light" by Randy Alcorn that tackles that question. Below is a quote from the book...

What are your thoughts?

"Heaven should affect our activities and ambitions, our recreations and friendships, and the way we spend our money and time. If I believe I'll spend eternity in a world of unending beauty and adventure, will I be content to spend all my evenings playing video games or staring at games shows, sitcoms, and ball games? Even if I keep my eyes away from impurities, how much time will I want to invest in what ultimately doesn't matter?" page 270

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last Saturday I visited the Creation Museum - I will never see my God and my Savior in the same light. I feel so insignificant in His vast universe and yet He loved me so much He gave His life for me before I was born. I cannot comprehend heaven or eternity, I have so little to offer to my God and Savior, I feel He wants my time more than anything, thats not much is it. I am really trying to make Him a part of all my time the best I can.

Indian Lake Papa

Robin said...

Hi Indian Lake Papa,

How cool that you went to the Creation Museum. Ever since it opened I've thought it would be incredible to see it, just not practical for us at this point. Our local paper really gave it a rough review, but that is to be expected. Were you allowed to take pictures? What did you like best? I have some exciting news I want to share...guess I will go ahead and make another post...

Robin

Anonymous said...

I can't remember if pictures were allowed. I didn't have my camera with me. I enjoyed the Ark display and narrative. However, I enjoyed the planetarium display the best!! The story of the universe displayed was awesome! We serve a magnificent God! Are you aware there are stars so large that you could put our sun in the middle and our earth would still orbit inside that star ??!! And yet those stars are not even visible to us!! Ooh my Robin, yet that wonderful Creator loves your little Joshua and the angels rejoiced when you and Joshua prayed in the car! Oh my, how exciting!!

WHOOPEE FOR JOSHUA!!

Indian Lake Papa

Robin said...

Indian Lake Papa,

I hope to one day visit the Creation Museum with my children. What a treat it would be...

Thanks so much! I feel fortunate to have "met" you through Jake and Jessica. Your wisdom and words are appreciated!

Robin