Saturday, August 11, 2007

Today's Prayer from Ephesians Four Ministries

This prayer is something we all need to consider and learn from as we walk along our journey of life... Robin

Prime Time with God
Today's Prayer August 11, 2007
Dear God, who created mankind in your image, you sure made a colorful world of people! As I stop and watch and reflect on the people I see, I notice how everyone is unique. Sometimes I'm frustrated by others' personalities and actions; other times I am blessed; still other times I am amused. The fact is, though we were made in your image, you gave us each a will of our own and instilled different gifts, personalities, and potential within us. How boring it would be if we were all just alike! The "spice" of life is made up of all those different people, with different ideas, and various contributions. Thank you for caring enough that we are not your puppets, but are unique individuals, each called to fill special places in your great plan for our lives. I pray that you will keep my eyes open, my mind alert, and my will in tune so that I will use all you have given me--gifts, personality, skills, desires--to the best of my ability, for the edification of the saints, reaching the lost, and glorifying you. Please forgive my past failures and empower me today for all you want to do through me. In Jesus' Name, Amen.

-taken from today's email (minor changes were made adding color and fonts)

2 comments:

Momstheword said...

Boy, do I ever agree with this post. We may be kindred souls, Robin. I am so glad to meet you. It is so wonderful to find someone who can understand my passion. I used to get impatient with those who weren't interested in the nursing home ministry, etc., I just couldn't understand why they could not be interested or burdened like I was. It took me a few years to realize that I didn't necessarily want to work with little kids and teens either, and began to better understand that God calls us to our specific ministries. I believe a need in a church or Christian organization should never go unfulfilled, that someone is supposed to do it but just hasn't yielded to God's call.

Robin said...

I need to read this prayer often because I still have much to learn from it and more importantly from Jesus Christ!